Barista job Brisbane Gold Coast

Are you an international student looking for a hospitality / barista job in Brisbane or the Gold Coast, Australia?

Joining the Barista@BROWNS English Language School course will give you the skills and techniques in perfecting the art of making amazing coffee.  BROWNS’ Barista course is a well-established and a nationally recognised course that provides you the formal skills all the while you are making that perfect cup of coffee. This course is available at BROWNS’ Brisbane and Gold Coast campus and includes hospitality-specific English lessons and practical training in

• SITXFSA005 – Use hygienic practices for food safety
  • SITHFAB025 – Prepare and serve espresso coffee
  • SITHFAB021 – Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)

More important, having these job-ready qualifications on your resume will set you apart from other applicants to prospective employers. Having these nationally recognised qualifications allow you to work in most areas of hospitality such as hotels, cafes, and restaurants.

Being a Barista student at BROWNS English Language School you are guided and supported by experienced trainers doing a combination of technical and real-life practical hands-on experience in a café environment on campus using state-of-the-art equipment.

Students like Risa from Japan recently completed her certificate and became a master of her craft in making that perfect espresso and the frothiest cappuccino.  It has also given her the opportunity and the confidence to apply for jobs in the hospitality field but in particular as a Barista and then successfully landing her ideal job at her local café.

In Risa’s words, I got a job as a Barista at a café in Woolloongabba (Brisbane) called Felix Green. I’m having productive days and but also, I’m still learning about all coffee things in a real life.

My workplace is so good to use what I have learned at BROWNS.  I am improving every day not just my skills at making coffee but also my English skills. My teachers at BROWNS are very patient, supportive, and they helped me make the best coffees.

Thank you for everything, I am so glad to be at BROWNS.  For me, it was a great place to study, make new friends and studying barista was a fun experience that has helped me be more confident here in Australia.”

Additional support is available to all BROWNS English Language School students through our free weekly Job’s Club program. Job’s Club includes tips and support for finding a job, resume and cover letter writing, and practice interview questions.

Learn more about the Barista@BROWNS English Language School program at https://brownsenglish.edu.au/english-courses/barista-course