Le Cordon Bleu Australia

From BROWNS to Le Cordon Bleu Australia

Written by Mingyeong Jeong

“I heard of English for Academic Purposes (EAP) at BROWNS English Language School (BROWNS) because I wanted to go to Le Cordon Bleu Australia. I was a little below the entrance conditions of the Le Cordon Bleu and decided to improve my English through the 10-week EAP course.

We did many varied things in the 10 weeks of my EAP journey. Let me list a few….

The first week, we had a reading test about communication between other cultures.

In the second week, we had a listening test on environmental issues. Thanks to her (the teacher) perfect teaching, almost all students were able to pass the test.

During the third week, there was a speaking test. It was a very burdensome test for us whom were coming from each different country.

During the fourth week there was both a listening and writing test – this was hard!

For the fifth week, there had been a reading test on globalization. This BROWNS curriculum was very good because the school didn’t let us suffer too much from the stress of studying. So I made an appointment with my friends in the fifth week and hung out.

The sixth week was really tough but I passed my exam.

The seventh week was a week of rest for us who worked hard in the sixth week. In the seventh week, we had a simple reading test and then we had a Christmas party. We had a party with delicious food such as pizza and chicken that the school provided. BROWNS English Language School had a special event on Australia’s anniversary. In addition, there were many other fun  free activities after school. After the Christmas party, we went on vacation for 10 days.

After a long vacation, there was a speaking test in the eighth week. The speaking test was a debate, different from the previous presentation test. It was fun to debate about culture shock even though that was the test. I enjoyed it, but my score was not great.

In the ninth week, we had a final writing test. It was writing down problems and solutions to each country’s education system, and there had been many problems in Korea’s education system so I had many things to write about. Thus, I was able to get the highest score from all my writing tests.

In the tenth week, we had a presentation test, but unlike the third week`s one, it was the individual presentation.

At the end of it I was able to pass all the exams. My friends and I encouraged each other about our hard study. I could meet many people of different cultures at BROWNS and what I learned here will help me a lot in my college life. My English has improved greatly, so BROWNS English Language School was an excellent choice for me.”

Click here to find out more about the BROWNS pathway into Le Cordon Bleu Australia.