Blog-IELTS results

BROWNS IELTS Results VS Worldwide Results

Merry Christmas to all BROWNS’, staff, teachers and students,

As it is getting close to Christmas, I thought I’d report on how well our IELTS preparation students have done on their tests this year.

We have had many wonderful students who have been working hard (and having fun along the way, I may add) to achieve important life goals, come to our IELTS classes this year. The vast majority of the IELTS candidates that have gone through our course have been successful in their pursuit of either, university entrance or migration visas. You may have seen some of our successful candidates on the Success Wall in the Accelerate Room or on your Facebook feed, with yours truly. Their efforts have well and truly been crowned by their successes.

As IELTS is an important test, I keep a record of all the students who come through IELTS B and I have found that those BROWNS IELTS candidates who have taken the IELTS exam from this group are world beaters.

That is no idle boast either. I have data to back up that claim!

BROWNS candidates smash the worldwide averages in all four skill categories as well as Overall scores:

BROWNS IELTS Candidate Average for 2016 – 24th Nov. 2017
Listening Reading Writing Speaking Overall
7 7.1 5.9 6.8 6.8

Source: BROWNS English Language School data

Worldwide IELTS Candidate Average for 2015 (Most recent data)
6 6.1 5.5 5.9 5.9

Source: https://www.ielts.org/teaching-and-research/test-taker-performance

As it can be seen, our students are one whole band score better than the worldwide average in reading and listening. BROWNS’ students score almost a full band score better in Speaking and Overall scores in comparison, and writing is just under half a band score better than the worldwide average. This is no small feat I can assure you. Every single one of these BROWNS’ students should be commended.

So, a big thank you to all the IELTS candidates that have come through our IELTS course and especially to those of you that have given me your Official IELTS scores throughout the year, you have made me look good! 😊

To all BROWNS Students, you too can share in this success. Come and join IELTS Preparation in the New Year. We look forward to seeing you!

Merry Christmas,

Lee (IELTS)