Joaquim-chung

Hi. My name is Joe and I am a 23-year-old guy from New-Caledonia (French). I was a student at Browns English School in Gold Coast. I came to Australia because I know it is a nice country with lots to do: there are many beautiful places to see and wonderful mild tropical weather. I needed IELTS (International English Language Testing System) to continue my studies in London. The score required was 6.5 overall. I started studying English a long time ago, but never put a lot of dedication into it until last year when I decided to study abroad. I applied to BROWNS to make sure I got the desired IELTS score as I only had one shot.

I attended 8 weeks of class before the test, which really helped me prepare for the exam. IELTS isn’t difficult; however, there are tips and tricks needed to get a good score, and preparation is mandatory. I undertook 5 weeks of IELTS preparation during which time I reviewed my basic grammar skills and 3 weeks of IELTS+ where I learnt how to reach a new level of academic English.

My experience in Australia was unique–a memory I will cherish for the rest of my life. I saw and did amazing things (skydiving, swimming with dolphins, surfing, and awesome parties). I met wonderful people from around the world from different cultures. My best experiences were at BROWNS, where I met students and teachers who are all my friends now.

I strongly recommend BROWNS if you need to prepare for any English certification or just want to improve your level. The school has very nice facilities including TVs in the classrooms and a common computer room.

Joaquim CHUNG, New Caledonia

Note: After 8 weeks in our IELTS preparation course, Joe got an overall score of 8.0:

• Listening: 8.5
  • Reading: 8.5
  • Writing: 7.0
  • Speaking: 7.5

joaquim-ielts-sheet-pic